Editing and why i like it

Changing speeds - I like this because it can add tension to a scene. This could be used for the genre of action. I could improve my clips for this next time by trying to do slow motion.

Cropping an image - I like this because it can hide parts of an image if you don't want the audience to see it. This could be used for the genre crime as you can hide hints.

Fading/ dissolving - I like this because it creates a fun side towards a scene. This could be used for the genre comedy as it's simple and easy way to cut into the next scene.

Reverse clips - I like this because it's easy to use and creates a really good effect. This could for the genre of dramas as it's a good tool to use flashbacks with.

Desaturation - I like this because it's a way of  getting rid of most high contrasted colours. This could be used for the genre of horror because it can create a scary tone.

Layering or overlaying - I don't like this because it can ruin the mood of a scene and can distract the audience. This could be used for the genre of musicals to show dates or times.

4 way split screen - I don't like this effect because I feel that it makes a scene look to overcrowded. This could be used for the genre of westerns because it could be used to represent four people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consumption and Response

Thriller sound effects

Influencing audiences